Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thanks n Happy birthday Maa....

Dear Readers,
This post is a dedication to my Maa who means a whole world to me and through this I am wishing her on her Birthday....The lines that follow are my humble respect and love for her....

24th April 2010
Time:23:30
Dear Maa,
I have been thinking all these days about the best gift to give you but you are so special that i couldnot find anything that would come even close to you and hence decided to my first love as a gift. As i sit down to pen down something i just let the emotions in my heart flow out to express my feelings the best way.
I am going to keep this one short and simple but definitely want to tell you how much i love,respect and care for everything you have done for me.As i take a quick glimpse of my life so far it has indeed been a journey that i will remember and it has been so due to your undeterring support,encouragement to every move of mine.I can't find a better occasion and moment to say this as i truly feel it is
You who have made me what i am today.I may sound cliched in saying so but sometime i like being so.I can't thank you enough for infusing in me values and morals that are coming of great help as i live life independently and solitary in this foreign land.Indeed life away from home has not been an easy transition for me but every lesson that i learnt through you prepared me for the same.You have been extremely harsh with me but i thank you for those times taught me to relish merry moments.You have inspired me so greatly as not just a mother,teacher but above all as an individual that U will always be my mentor.You have pulled me strong through rough situations and stood by me like a rock during every hardship and i can't really express gratitude and make the whole act look wee.You have motivated me every day through your writings and faith in me.You have taken every effort to make me what you dreamt of being which in itself is an altruist act and love seeing my growth.You have been so modest and humble in accepting that U learnt life through me,which is my privilege and honor to be born to u.You have nurtured feelings of goodwill,positivity and optimism so much that negatives stay at the circumference.You have prayed for hours together just to make sure that i can give my best in every act.You have been so selfless that i have no words to put them down.You are so youthful and try to keep up with the pace of our generation.You have no idea how much i have missed you in the last few months but never made it verbal as i wanted to put across my strongest stead before U which is also a lesson i learnt through you.I have had the fortune to be able to explore newness in my life and can never thank U and DAD enough for the same.
It is indeed my honor to be born to both of U.Even as u keep iterating the fact that u did nothing beyond your duty i saw it as acts of selflessness,love,magnanimity,humility.I have chosen to just focus on your contribution even though i know that Dad too has a big role to play in the whole process but this is my dedication to YOU Maa and have reserved something more to add for Dad...
I am so high on emotions right now that i cant write any further and hence choose to call you right away as it is almost 12 in INDIA and hope that I can be a great daughter.Thanks Maa...Love you a lot for everything.....
Happy Birthday Maa!!!Hope You have a great birthday!!!
Love,
Shru(Kalyani)

3 comments:

  1. wowwww!!!!!..ur parents must be really proud f u..:)..nice crisp,effective writing..And BTW..happy Bday to ur Mom from E-402..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading this one Kals...such a special gift for ur om...im sure she treasures this one!!:)

    ReplyDelete