Monday, March 29, 2010

LIfe so far 2

This post is a sequel to the previous and focuses on the journey of my life so far highlighting the key events so far.Life is not easy miles away your loved ones with whom we take all our liberties.Life is taken for granted and things are made to look easy and tractable with their endless strings of effort.I was no exception and back home it was my inner circle of family and friends who made life look absolutely simple.Their act seemed so effortless and altruistic that I hardly realized the value of their actions.This reality hit harder on me when i set foot on the soils of San Diego.The idea of managing things all by myself wasn't foreign to me but the scale of operation was different this time.I would be responsible for every act of mine and had to take each decision with utmost caution and be prepared to combat new challenges each day.
Even though i was an extremely vibrant and gregarious individual in India,i had to take small steps at a time in making new friends here.This task was not the easiest as during these 8 months of my stay i have seen individuals from different backgrounds with complex shades of emotion.Initially i put myself across as a shy and quiet person but this was very unlike me.Caught in the quandary of the mind i was unsure about how to act and go about with this new phase in my life.I started becoming a person who had a limited circle and who stuck around with familiar faces all the time.As time slipped on i began to feel lost in this new world as my domain of interaction was limited and my social life had taken a complete back seat.I had reduced myself to nothing for a few unknown fears that were never to materialize.I had placed some self imposed rules for myself which held no consequence to the given situation.The loneliness and uncertainties began haunting me at every stage bringing in thoughts that were defying the very purpose of my journey.It was at this juncture when i decided to release myself from the shackles of loneliness and lifted self imposed conditions i had placed on myself.I decided to embrace the world the way it worked and widen my network.It was a indeed a pleasure to get back to my old cheerful self who loved socializing.There was no looking back after that day and i guess i have learnt a lot from all those individuals who have been a part of journey.I reiterate the above statement quite often because i strongly believe that people make me feel more complete as an individual.I have had the fortune to come across so many great human beings who have opened a new vistas of learning and growth.People with whom i have really established the connect and can bank on them for any advice at any point in life.I have come to relish the company of people and take up the best in them.The best part of every incident is the essence it leaves behind and this has brought out the best in me in terms of social skills and led me know human emotions through a closer eye.
Like a flash of a lightening months have passed by and here i am living my new life with the same comfort as before.The difference being the accumulation of knowledge and the support of my friends who have almost become family to me.This post is dedicated to all my dear friends in San Diego who have helped me cope with my issues and stood by me whenever i needed them.This is my way of expressing gratitude to all those humans who have indeed made life smoother and happier.As i look forward to yet another day of life waiting to spray the world with my joys and get to know the world better through the eyes of other humans.This post has a sequel so my blog followers there is more to come...on a condition that i get feedback!! :)

3 comments:

  1. classy hai.waiting for the sequel.This time you wrote in a language that common people can underrstand without using a dictionary.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kals!!! this sequel is really awesome!! i can somehow relate myself with it!! n the first para was jus too good re!!!...seems like this time the words are straight from ur heart!!...read this sequel 3 times!!!jus too good!!!:)

    ReplyDelete